During the summer and monsoon season some of the water borne diseases which spread
easily are Dysentry, Typhoid, Cholera, Jaundice. We can save our selves from these
diseases if we are careful. Let us work for our families' good health.
In order to succeed in our aim we must take care of the following points:
A. Personal Hygiene:
- Keep the nails clean & cut them on a regular basis.
- Take bath daily.
- Wash the hands with soap before every meal.
- After nature's call, wash the hands properly with soap.
- Food should be cooked and consumed in clean utensils only.
B. Care of Drinking Water and Food:
- Drinking Water should be clean and free from germs.
- Drinking water should be stored in a clean utensil. Hands should not be immersed in water when taking out the drinking water.
- Boil the dirty water before consuming.
- Food must be covered and then stored. Flies should not sit on the stored food.
- Never buy uncovered cut fruits, chaat, ice-creams etc. from the hawkers. (School going children should not be given money as they tond to buy such items from hawkers. Consumption of these items can make them ill).
- Vegetables must be cleaned before cooking. Salad before consumption should be washed properly.
- Stale food & excessive ripe fruits should not be consumed.
C. Cleanliness In And Around The House:
- Open drainage system must be covered.
- Water should not be allowed to accumulate in and around the house as the germs grown in stagnant water.
- Area near the wells and tube wells should be clean.
- Garbage should be thrown in dustbins only.